Monday, September 26, 2011

Reflections on the Nuyorican Poets Cafe

At this moment, early Monday morning, I feel good. Its that feeling of personal accomplishment that is present in my heart. I completed a 3-day performance run of my solo theater production, "Universal Filipino" at the world famous Nuyorican Poets Cafe.

It was an intense process considering how physical and emotional my play is. For all 3 nights I poured my heart on stage. I gave it my all because that's all I know how to do when I perform! Every drop of sweat, every moment where a past memory was relived on stage, every movement, every character....these are precious opportunities for an actor to GET FREE! I found myself lost in the wonder of my art this weekend. Nothing existed except for the world of my stories. Wow. I was living a dream that has been a long time coming. I have arrived!




No comments:

Post a Comment