Sunday, December 23, 2012

Universal Self Photos & Video (November 2012)


Dear Universal Self Community;
Greetings and Happy Holidays.  I just returned to New York City a few days ago from a life changing experience in India.  It still feels deeply surreal!  I am blessed and honored that you have been the backbone of both Universal Self productions in Brooklyn (Nov 2nd & 3rd, 2012) and in Bangalore, India.  Below I have attached online photo & video links from both productions.  
Your generous pledges and good spirits have allowed Universal Self to provide healing & transformative art in New York City during the aftermath of Hurricane Sandy.  I did not want to cancel or postpone the production because after I prayed on it I realized that my service to this world is through the arts and I was determined to continue to bring light during dark times.  Your generous pledges have allowed Universal Self to reach an international audience in Bangalore, India.  I received a standing ovation at the end of the production and so many people came up to me afterwards with such uplifting comments.  These are all reminders of the universality of this movement known as Universal Self.  
As you look through the pictures and video please know that you are a real part of this vision coming to life.  Thank you and God bless you always!
Love;
Kilusan Bautista
Nov 2nd & 3rd, 2012 - Universal Self photos by Chauncey Velasco at the Actors Fund Arts Center, Brooklyn, NY.  
Nov 30th, 2012 - Universal Self video clip by Lawrence Espinosa at Sahabhaga: Festival of Participatory Performance, Bangalore, India.  (You will need a facebook account to access this link)
PS:  While I was in India I was informed that Ron Voz, one of the Universal Self pledgers, has passed on into the next stage of the infinite.  Ron was a great support and artist mentor.  He will be greatly missed.  Before he passed he left a comment on my previous update saying, "Who is that young guy? Where did he come from? Out of the clouds?"  Rest In Peace Ron Voz.  :)

No comments:

Post a Comment