Tuesday, June 26, 2012

Filipino American Historical National Society - New Mexico

I will be performing excerpts of Universal Self on June 28th, 2012 at 8PM and immediately afterwards I am hosting the first ever community open mic at the 14th Biennial National Conference in Alburqurque, New Mexico.

Jeanette Gandionco Lazam wrote,
"Kilusan Bautista! Mighty Brother, Mighty Man! In Albuquerque, New Mexico he performed his one-man act. I thought it was gonna be another one of those 'ethnic' and 'soul-searching' acts that I so often lose interest in the first 5 minutes. But Mr. Bautista brought it home...he brought it all home and I walked away from his act a "grown woman". I am 63 years old, and I felt, as I watched him, age with beauty and grace, style and poise. The Brother/Man says it all, acts it all, emotes it all, and gripped me until I started to breathe again."

Terry Teresita Cataag Bautista wrote,
"I finally got to see Kilusan in Albuquerque at The FANHS conference. I was impressed with the dignity he brought and the respect he had for the experiences portrayed in his one-man show, our story in the U.s. Join me in supporting his nomination. He is a deserving west coast pinoy with an east coast presence performing on an all-coasts stage from Pilipinas to Manhattan."





No comments:

Post a Comment