Tuesday, July 7, 2009

Working in Brooklyn, New York

I recently completed my first year working as an educator in Brooklyn, New York.  To the right, is a picture of some of my students within the Pre-GED class that I co-taught with a great teacher from the Bronx, New York, Maisha Rodriguez.  

The funny thing about our class was that they gave me the nick name "Sunshine" because I constantly gave California reference to anything and everything that was brought up in class that came from the Sunshine State!!!! I feel really blessed to have not only shared my skills and experience as an educator, but to also have been educated on Brooklyn living from young adults point of view.  Big Up's to all of my former students, I pray that they are successful in all of their future endeavors.

No comments:

Post a Comment